How To Quickly Shift To A Work-From-Home Business Model
To Maximize Productivity In Today’s Coronavirus Environment
As a business owner today, you are now facing unprecedented challenges to help deal with the coronavirus pandemic. You are asked to self-isolate and practice social distancing to “flatten the curve.” You are asked to allow your employees to work from home to reduce possible exposure and slow the spread of COVID-19.
These are all reasonable requests. However, as a business owner you also need to maximize productivity, bring in revenue and try to grow your business in these demanding times. How can you accomplish these goals when your office is now a ghost town and productivity has fallen off a cliff?
The answer lies in setting up your office to function remotely. If you’ve never implemented a work-from-home policy before, it may seem like a whole different world. Managing an entirely remote workforce goes far beyond giving your employees a laptop and reminding them to check in every once in a while. After all, there are many factors most business owners haven’t ever had to consider, such as:
- What technologies do I need?
- How can my employees work from home without compromising the security of our network?
- How can I make this new work environment as easy, comfortable and productive as possible?
We understand these are unique times. We know that “business as usual” is going to be quite different for an undetermined amount of time. But together we can help you adjust to today’s new normal by giving you the tools, technologies and insights to create a secure and productive work-from-home business environment. Here are three important considerations to getting you set up and running a successful work-from-home business:
- Don’t allow employees to use home computers or devices without proper protection. Their mindset may be, “Well, I’m working from home so I may as well use my home computer.” This is a dangerous mistake without the proper protection installed on them, our recommendation would be to put on the managed services on their machines for a month they need it. Yes that is correct, we are happy to help by letting your employees computers be protected on a month to month basis. Our team works hard to ensure many company computers and networks are secure and protected from malware, viruses and cyber-attacks. Their home computers and devices could be littered with tons of downloaded music, videos, images and more. Because it’s more exposed, it can invite malware into your network. Rather, provide a company-approved and secured computer/laptop for employees to use at home.
- Secure their WiFi access point. Without a secure WiFi access point, you’re essentially leaving a back door open to hackers. That’s because WiFi signals are often broadcast far beyond your employees’ homes and out into streets. Yes, drive-by hacking is popular among cybercriminals today. A few tips for securing your employees’ WiFi access points:
- Use stronger encryption and a more complex password
- Hide your network name
- Use a firewall
These security measures are not difficult to set up. But if you have any questions or need assistance, we will be happy to help get your employees set up remotely.
- Use a two-factor authentication VPN. VPN stands for virtual private network. It’s essentially a private, encrypted tunnel that goes direct to your IT network in your office. Ideally, you’ll want your VPN to support two-factor authentication. This means it’s doubly secure because your employees will need to call in to access the network. If you don’t have a 2 form factor VPN for your employees to use feel free to contact us and we’ll help you set it up.
As business owners ourselves, we too are having to pivot and work differently than we ever have before. However, because we have the technology and infrastructure in place, we are still surprisingly productive.
Our team wants to help your business survive and thrive during today’s unique environment. If you and your IT team need extra hands right now…or solutions to help your employees work SECURELY from home…we have software tools, expert staff and resources we’d like to offer you to keep your business as productive as possible.
Here’s a link to us if you wish to book a quick 10- to 15-minute call to discuss: https://www.mcpinc.com/consult
Please know that this is not a sales call but simply an outreach to help a fellow business owner stay afloat.
Marchese Computer Products, Inc.
The Technology experts
220 Ellicott Street
Batavia, NY 14020
FREE Emergency Work from Home Consultation
- Free Emergency Work From Home Consultation
If you need to get your employees working remote FAST and your phones answered, we have easy inexpensive ways to get this done for you. Fill in the form below and we’ll set up a free, no-obligation consultation to create a plan for you.
Important! We hate spam as much (or more!) than you and promise to NEVER rent, share, or abuse your e-mail address and contact information in any way.
We would not go anywhere else
For more than 15 years, Marchese Computer has provided us peace of mind knowing that we have the latest updates and protection without us having to do a thing. For our 24 hour business, Marchese Computer is always very responsive to any issues that happen no matter what time of the day or night. MCP has “bailed us out” on a number of occasions. They always make you feel that you are their most important customer. We would not go anywhere else.
Responsive to our needs
We have worked with Marchese Computer Product, Inc. for more than 15 years and the single biggest benefit to our company is their responsiveness to our needs. They have always made themselves readily available to provide all of our technological support no matter what the circumstances. I have never had the need or the desire to work with any other IT firm as the Staff at Marchese Computer is well educated and versed in all IT Solutions. For any IT solutions we have needed at our Law firm they have provided efficient and on point services at a reasonable price.
Took the worry and complexity out of IT for us.
We moved to Marchese Computer’s managed services so we could take the worry and staffing needs out of IT. Paul and his staff have provided personal service and spot on recommendations to us of over a decade and they always are willing to go the extra mile in making sure our goals are met within budget.. Simply put you should call Marchese Computer today, you won’t be disappointed..
Stands behind their work
The simple answer to why Marchese computer over our old provider is Knowledge, fast service, and they never tried to sell me something I didn’t need. They listened to what our needs were, explained the technology and guided us through integrating our two facilities with Phones, Video, Firewalls, and internet connections.
Marchese Computer stands behind their work and stays until the job is done. They are a local company with a lot of year’s experience. You can rely on the local guys at Marchese computer.